Friday, September 23, 2011

Tengo, Tengo La Camisa Negra..


The weather is finally cooling down a bit.  Now instead of it being 97 degree everyday its only 82.. phew…

The first test of the season wasn’t that bad, I’d have to say it was fair.. but honestly this whole test thing came as a big surprise.  I sort of thought I wasn’t in school, then I sit down at some desk and it gets real.  I think I did okay though, so its all good.  Following our test, the majority of the group decided to go to the bar that night for a few drinks.  The bar we went to was an Irish pub, and tonight, surprisingly filled with Irish people.  I think Irish people are just a crazier version of the English, because they were getting rowdy.  Dancing on stools, mooning people, so personally I decided to leave and get some rest for the next day of school.

What we are learning now is kind of interesting.  Mostly because class is filled with youtube clips and movies of dances and songs.  We learned that the flamenco music and culture is still present in Spanish media today, although now it is modified with different backbeats and such.  I don’t think the music is too bad, maybe my Moorish gypsy side is coming out.  I really want to see some sort of play and soccer game while I’m here.  I’m thinking La casa de Bernada Alba by Fredrico Garcia Lorca, but when I looked yesterday the theater was no longer playing it L I shall research this further and see if I can witness some real Spanish futbol!

Oh also yesterday I finally found sushi! The gods came down from the heavans and presented me a lovely, yet expensive, sushi restaurant.  I think that was the best meal I’ve have since I’ve been here.  I must have a low mercury level because I have never craved a type of food that bad.  Although I wish it was Katana with all their special rolls… ah okay, I’m making myself hungry again. SUBJECT CHANGE

Juanes never gets old in Spanish classes.. will there be a day where one year we I wont hear Juanes in a class rooom setting.. I hope not, because it was a big blast from the past and smile on my face.   And he be looking FINE with that short hair, its better than his La Casmisa Negre days. I honestly believe that listening to Jaunes is the most effective way to learn Spanish. 

Here you go, you won’t be disappointed:CLICK HERE FOR JUANESSSSS.  See, wasn't that great?

Today I saw some little booths set up by the fountain and I think I’m going to go check those out now.. Hopefully they aren’t closed!
 OH and also. IT RAINED HERE FOR A BIT.   So weird. 

Heading to the beach and moutains this weekend with the whole group!  I still need to pack for the two different elements, comfortable walking shoes and beach gear. I heard the trip there is very curvy in the bus. .. I must find a bag..

And finally as parting words: A Spanish moment of zen:


George Clooney.. AND a puppy. Can life in Spain get better? 



No comments:

Post a Comment