Monday, September 19, 2011

Hola Germanyyyy.


Finally have some Internet! Hopefully the new router that my host mom bought will work a lot better! This weekend in Germany was great! It was nice to see my boyfriend and a country that actually has current technology.  After seeing Germany again it occurred to me how far behind Spain is in technology. 

But anyways, Germany was beautiful as always.  I spent two days at my boyfriend’s father’s house in the countryside, and the train ride there was amazing as I got to see the black forest and a lot of different German architecture.  Also experienced spaghetti ice cream.  It sounds weird but Marvin let me taste his and it was actually an amazing concept.  It’s ice cream in the shape of spaghetti with strawberry sauce to represent the tomato sauce, and white chocolate flakes to represent the cheese.  Amazing idea, thanks to the Germans who think they know Italian food!

The best thing about Germany though was the pizza we got at the train station.  Can’t even explain how much I missed pizza.  And there it was, ready for me to consume! After the long weekend with the boyfriend it was time to head back to Granada.  The other thing I’ve noticed is that all Iberia flights are late.  Like no matter what. My flight back to Madrid landed the same time my next one to Granada was suppose to take off, since it was an hour late.  So there I was hauling ass to switch terminals and get to my other plane, and by the time I get there sweaty, out of breath, been sprinting with my luggage for 20 min, that plane was late too.  And I ended up having to wait another hour for that Iberia plane to arrive.  I guess the Spanish are always late. 

Getting back into the swing of things at school was tough.  I didn’t speak a lick of Spanish all weekend and it was strange to have to go right back into it.  But after sitting through class and watching La Sexta, where they have 5 minutes every hour showing George Clooney accompanied with romantic music, I was beginning to understand again. 

I have my first test tomorrow, so I guess its time to study, Instead of enjoying the beautiful warm weather of Granada. Boo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment